You can also read more about utility kilts for men at:
Introduction to Irish Kilts
As argued by some, Lein-croich is not an Irish kilt. According to the Irish history, the inclusion of these kilts cannot be highlighted until the end of the twentieth century.
Kilts are mainly associated with Scotland but both Irish and Scotland celebrate their Celtic heritage with utmost pride. Irish kilts are traditional and colorful.
You can find them in saffron, green and black colours. Saffron is the most sought after colour amongst them. It is also believed to be worn by the Irish Regiments serving the British army. The saffron coloured military kilts are now being worn by the Royal Irish Rangers. Apart from the solid coloured kilts, Irish tartans are also becoming equally popular.
Irish tartans are associated with counties, whereas the Scottish tartans are associated with clans. Irish tartans are relatively newer than its counterparts. It was first produced by a Scottish company during 1996 eyeing the Irish-American market. As a matter of fact, these are considered more Scottish than Irish in Ireland. Perhaps, it is one of the reasons why it is hard to find people wearing them on the streets of Ireland.
On the other hand, the Irish- Americans wear the Irish Kilts to honor their Celtic heritage with great pride.
Modern Style Irish KiltsThe trend of going traditional with the kilts and tartans have struck Irishmen a bit recently, though it still seems a perfect way of celebrating the Irish heritage. It is also unanimously approved that a good looking Irishman looks more appealing in a kilt!
- Irish Formal Kilt: A hand-stitched kilt, made with at least 8 yards of Tartan with attention to the detailing and providing life-long durability. One of the finest kilts available.
More Information on various kilt, click here for best kilts for men
- Irish Casual Kilt: A machine stitched, affordable, made with less than 8 yards of Tartan, nice-looking kilt. Looks similar to our formal kilts range.
Let’s begin with our review and find the best irish kilts on sale in today’s online world!
Top Irish Kilts on Sale
1. Irish Plaid KiltThis kilt is an excellent value for money kilt, which is ideal for everyday use, but can also be worn on formal occasions. The kilt is available in 5 yards in 10 oz material with flat front and deep pleated back.
There are two leather straps with about 1″ adjustment either way and the drop (length) is approximately 24″ for all sizes. The major USP of the kilt was that it is lined around the inside top in cotton 100% non-itch acrylic fabric that is easier on the body and very durable to wear.
Snip and remove the tack on the pleats before wearing as it arrives with tacked pleats.No doubt, it is an excellent value for money but there are few drawbacks to it. The lining is thin and the kilt frays easily. One needs to wear a sporran because it tends to curve a little bit as the apron does not lie flat. Even the straps are made of thin leather. The first pleat does not stay intact even after continuous ironing.
With that said, it is a warm weather kilt that every man can wear for ALL THE TIME. A decent pair of trousers still costs more than the kilt plus the shipping charge. Before thinking twice, adopt this great looking irish kilt and say bye to those uncomfortable pants and trousers.
Note: You might have to wear a kilt belt over the kilt to secure this irish kilt on sale securely around your waist.
2. Damn Near Kilt ‘Em Men Greenhorn Utility Kilt
This kilt is made up of 100% cotton drill imported fabric, with superior snap closure to protect you from embarrassment situations. You can find more kilts from this brand at: http://www.kiltonline.com/utility-kilt-damn-near-kilt-em/
Find our measurement guide for help picking out the right size kilt for you. http://www.kiltonline.com/measure-modern-utility-kilt/
Coming to the specs of these irish kilts from Damn Near Kilt ‘Em brand,
- Made with breathable, lightweight, durable fabric to enhance the longevity of the kilt’s form
- Designed with your comfort in mind
- Traditional style pleats that are strategically placed, seemingly bottomless multi-functional side pockets
- Ample front coverage, overlapping apron with stylish side snap closure to help avoid unnecessary and/or unwanted exposures
More info on this kilt can be found at:
Green Horn Irish Kilt by Damn Near Kilt ‘Em
Ditch your trousers and join the Clan! The Damn Near Kilt ‘Em makes you live a trouser free life without fretting over money. The company has a versatile line of irish kilts, which are ideal for urban life, casual partying, adventurous hiking or lazing around. Help yourself to find your favorite kilt from our wide range of styles and colors! Join the clan DNKE!
A review from one of the buyer of the kilt:
My wife finds me like one of those English punk rocker band members! Lol. You can definitely wear it with an old Clash or Sex Pistols t-shirt and boots. It looks really cool. Do buy from DNKE! It fits well and the finish is great too. The price even after a recent hike to $10 due to the increased demand of the product can still not be beaten up. I feel the Greenhorn is the best as it does not contain any fancy straps and back pocket. I prefer minimal ornate kilts.
3. Men’s Quality Irish Kilt From UT KiltsThis sophisticated irish kilt is made up from 8 yards of high-quality acrylic fabric, with traditional 3 buckle closure and double fringed apron to help you prevent unnecessary exposure, during your journey everyday.
More reviews on the best UT Kilts can be found here.
These kilts are great for everyday wear to formal wear, and come with minimum 23 pleats, thus giving you a great combination of the ancient kilt structure with a more modern look and feel to wear. The fineness of these irish kilts are to be watched out for.
The best part of this kilt is the adjustable size that can fit across various men of different size. For example, a size 40 kilt can adjust up to a waist of size 42. The kilt is extremely durable, one of our customer wore this kilt comfortably for camping on a 10 day trip. The kilt stood up as rock, while our customer endured during the trip. The irish kilt didn’t break a swear.
The main USP of this kilt is the cost and quality. You won’t find any irish kilt on Amazon that is so comfortable, given because of its acrylic fabric, and keeps you warm because of its pleats. The fit is good too for the price.
Concluding our review, designed with a long, high-quality fabric and maximum pleats put in every kilt you see in this section, so as to make it look the BEST for every occasion!
Pair it with anything, wear it on any occasion- be it a formal gathering or a Scottish fair! You will definitely stand out in a crowd.
4. Irish National Plaid/Tartan Kilt
This kilt is very special on our list on the best Irish Kilts. The reason is that this kilt represents the bright colourful heritage of Ireland, and the kilt oozes on its culture, making it the desired kilt in our list. Let’s start with our review!
This special irish kilt is made up of 5 yard 10 to 13 oz kilt fabric, of 100% cotton + Acrylic bindings that give you a comfortable wear on your body. The kilt is extremely light in weight and is very easy-itch-free on the body. The front of the kilt are neatly lined with a drop of standard 24″ and 3.5″ deep pleats, to prevent those unwanted exposure.
These Irish Kilts do stand out in terms of its cost and comfort it offers!These Irish Kilts represent the Irish National, that stands for the ancient Irish rich culture and heritage, which will give you the most elegant feeling, when you wear this unique kilt. The acrylic material gives you the same warmth that you wish from a wooly kilt, but at the same time, giving you the most comfort and itch-free wear for your body, while you have fun with your friends.
Another USP of this kilt is that is comes with a exterior teflon coating that helps in preventing external stains and is extremely durable for the task you can endure. This is simply impossible from a regular denim wear. The 3.5″ belt loops can be easily used to accompany your desired kilt belt to secure the kilt with ease, or you can secure a sporran around the kilt.
The kilt is available in various sizes, ranging from 32″ to 46″, a kilt for every men, irrespective of size and shape.
To summarise our review for this unique Irish Kilt:
- Easy and comfort fit, made of 100% acrylic material with 100% cotton exterior linnings
- Fully adjustable velcro closure, to prevent unwanted exposure, and give you a unique kilt fit around your waist
- Made in America from cloth woven in the UK using the Ireland’s National tartan
- Designed for all Irishmen to wear it as a tribute to their heritage
- Casual kilt that can be worn on casual events like in the pub or to the highland games
- Fabric is a blend of Rayon (Polyester Viscose) that has a texture of smooth wool and feels like thick cotton, with teflon coating that is stain resistance
- Easy to wash in the machines
You can wear it more or less on a daily basis by using a heavy Velcro. It helps you with the fitting too. The pleats are neat. Overall it looks good and bright. We love that there are loops for my 2 1/4″ kilt belt along with the smaller standard belt loops.
Go for this irish kilt, where you want a rich Ireland cultural feel, yet a more comfortable and cost effective wear for your casual and daily evenings with family and friends.
5. Lucky Irish Green Plaid Kilt for St. Patrick’s DayAh! we all love to visit the St. Patrick’s day event, and to gel with the crowd and its theme, this is the very Irish Kilt you need to wear for the bright event.
What we love about this kilt is that is quite blends with the St. Patrick Day’s theme, an elegant fabric construction that is a combination of black and green coloured Irish tartan, with a decent fall near the knees. The pleats are pretty streamlined.
There’s nothing to talk about much of this Irish Kilt. We quickly summarise our review in the following section:
- Made from standard 100% blend of cotton and acrylic that is comfortable and easy on body
- Traditional St. Patrick’s Day ensemble in shiny bright green plaid tartan design
- Ample of coverage on the front with the presence of good pleat linning
- Adjustable hook-and-look- wrap closure that fits every shape, and not to tight on the waist
- Available in a single one size-fits most adults
- Can be paired easily with a formal white shirt and black vest
- Quality is good for the price, and is most cost effective
Scottish Kilts vs Irish KiltsKilt Many of you link kilts only to Scotland but do you know that they had been established in Irish culture few decades back?
To mark their Celtic heritage and culture with pride, kilts are enthusiastically worn by its fellas. There are subtle differences between kilts of these two traditionally rich countries, let’s explore them!